Successfully complete this course with a 70% or higher, and you will be eligible to receive your very own Ducktorate Degree!
The objective of this group based advanced-level course is to construct a comprehensive business plan, which will include financial, guest service strategies, human resource, marketing, event planning and crisis response data. You will differentiate the primary selection, hiring, training and retention processes and formulate methods for applying the most effective procedures in class-based scenarios.
Previous working knowledge of the hospitality industry gained through academic studies and practical experience is helpful but not required.
- Construct a comprehensive business plan which will include financial, human resource, marketing, event planning and crisis response data.
- Assess the health of an organization through analysis of cash flow statements, income statements, balance sheets, Guest satisfaction and other operational metrics.
- Integrate and apply concepts and theories in the hospitality industry to derive valid solutions to in-class case studies and scenario based activities.
- Perform a SWOT analysis.
- Differentiate the primary selection, hiring and retention processes and formulate methods for applying the most effective procedures in class based scenarios.
- Examine the impact of and determine appropriate application of technological advances and new trends in the hospitality industry.
- Interpret demographic data to identify target markets and align strategy.
Assessments & Grading
- Park Audit
- Weekly Review Quizzes
- Group Business Plan (including deadlines)
- Delivery of Group Business Plan Proposal
- Attendance (which is required; a max of two absences are allowed)