Successfully complete this course with a 70% or higher, and you will be eligible to receive your very own Ducktorate Degree!
This course will explore the HR function in a corporate setting with a concentration on current people management laws, practices, ethics and globalization in the areas of the selection process, employment law, labor relations, compensation, performance development, corporate training and maintaining effective environments. The classes are designed to familiarize participants with current HR practices and laws that apply to their careers regardless of their field.
- Examine and critique current people management laws, practices, ethics, and globalization in the areas of the selection process, employment law, labor relations, compensation, performance development, corporate training, and maintaining effective environments.
- Demonstrate the guidelines and processes around conducting effective recruiting.
- Outline current laws impacting human resource compliance, employment, and labor relations.
- Discuss theory and practice of compensation, employee benefits, performance development, and retention.
- Compare and contrast learning theories as they apply to effective corporate training techniques.
- Assess the impact of effective environments and techniques on maintaining healthy working atmosphere.
- Apply human resource skills to complete case study assignments and participation in class discussions.
Assessments & Grading
- Research multinational companies
- In-class Case Studies
- Article Reviews
- Quizzes & Mid-Term
- Final presentation
- Class participation
- Attendance (which is required; a max of two absences are allowed)